Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas knitting complete!

(But, well, let's just say, I didn't set myself that high a bar to clear!)

I met with my friend last night and we exchanged Christmas pressies - I think (I hope) that she liked her earrings - I always seem to be rather nervous about giving handmade things - you hope the recipient likes them on the one hand but on the other hand you want to try and communicate that they if they aren't too keen they needn't feel guilty and wear such things out of obligation! Anyway enough with the paranoia, how about a couple of FO pictures?

Knitted earrings - subtle

Knitted earrings - vibrant

Knitted earrings and gift pouch

I'm most pleased with the way the dyed wooden beads worked on style 3 from the Bijouterie collection, the other pair gives a small amount of subtle shine - they are made from clear glass seed beads. If you want to see the Ravelry page for this project you can find it here although it's not that informative! All the pairs of earrings I've made so far have been made with findings from Palmer Metals, silver-plated copper wire from Fred Aldous and a variety of beads from Sayila. I would recommend all of these companies for their product ranges, prices and speed of delivery :o)

As a small aside it is worth me pointing out another great reason for knitting this project - it has allowed me to cross off three more points on my Knitting Manifesto, namely, knitting with wire, knitting with beads and knitted jewellery. Huzzah!

I think there is only one more thing for me to say in this post, and that is for you all to do as the nutcracker army commands you:

Nutcracker dolls - take 1

*Have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful 2009!!*

4 comments:

Fred Aldous said...

Hi there Nicola,

Love the jewellery and the blogs is great too.

Have a great Christmas from all of us at Fred Aldous and keep up the crafting.

Anonymous said...

Wow the earrings look soooo gorgeous! I think I might put them on my list for 2009 knitting!

Katie said...

So Pretty! Love the beads. Congrats on getting all of your Christmas knitting done (I'm still working at it...)

blog-blethers said...

3 goals accomplished in one great project ... Way to go, Nicola! The ear rings are wonderful and bet your friend cherishes them.

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Christmas - and health and happiness in 2009.